Sooner or later you may find yourself going on a date with a vegetarian. Most of them will not insist that you avoid ordering the steak and they deserve the same courtesy back.
Here’s a list of five tips that will ensure a smooth date on the food front.
- Check the menu before you go! If there is little to no selection of meals suitable for vegetarians, there’s no point in going. Not only will it be a waste of time, you may find that they won’t want a second date.
- Do not try sneaking meat in their food. This is downright disrespectful. Sometimes people can be violently ill if they haven’t eaten meat for a few years.
- Try more of what they eat. You may be pleasantly surprised by a vegetarian meal. They are never bland and tasteless like they’re portrayed and usually lighter on the wallet.
- Don’t expect a change in eating habits. Again, this is downright disrespectful, especially if they are comfortable with you eating a steak or burger at the meal.
- Don’t wave meat in their face. Yes, this may seem like common sense but it happens more often than not. You will look like an idiot if you do this. What will it achieve?
Follow these five tips and you’ll have a smooth date on the food front. The rest is up to you.